Parents want to meet other parents and babies like to meet other pre-crawling babies. Nurturing Parent and Baby is warm and inviting space where you can meet each other, introduce your babies to each other and learn all about connecting with your babies. You’ll learn developmentally appropriate activities to do with your baby, learn how to provide infant massage to your baby, and discover how to nurture yourself as a parent.
Advance registration is required using the links below.
One session is Tuesday, September 28, 9:30 am - 11:00 am
Then a 6-week series starts on Thursday, October 5th, also 9:30 am - 11:00 am.
Fathers and mothers are welcome. Breastfeeding, chestfeeding, bottlefeeding babies (human milk and/or formula) are all WELCOME!!!
nur·ture - noun1. the process of caring for and encouraging the growth or development of someone or something.
Nurturing Parent and Baby
- Managing changes in routines, relationships and identify
- baby development
- And so much more
Infant massage is a skill every parent should learn and practice with their babies daily! Infant massage:
- enhances attachment between parent and baby
- promotes relaxation for baby and parent
- promotes better sleep for baby and parent
- facilitates body awareness for baby
- boosts immune system for baby
- provides sensory stimulation for baby
- can improve skin condition for baby
- may improve blood circulation for baby
- supports digestion for baby
- balances respiration for baby
- can provide relief for teething pains for baby
- helps alleviate constipation for baby
- helps parents learn about their baby's need and desires
- helps build parents’ and baby’s self-esteem
- promotes motor development for baby
- stimulates a pain relieving hormone called oxytocin for baby
- empowers parents
Questions about group? Email firstname.lastname@example.org