At this time, the Spinning Babies® Parent Class will occur as an Online Guided Spinning Babies® Parent Class (see below for details).
This class explains the anatomy and physiology of labor and birth and provides you with information and techniques to help pregnancy and birth be more comfortable.
You and a partner will learn and practice the techniques and daily essentials of Spinning Babies®, which highlights your baby’s active role in birth. Combining activities and techniques that you and your birth partner will practice in class (and then again at home) will empower you to have an active role in your labor and birth--you'll feel ready for this baby to arrive!
What is ?
Spinning Babies® is an approach to optimize the physical relationship between the bodies of the mother and baby for the easing of childbirth. Spinning Babies® is a new paradigm that takes clues from baby’s position and station for natural, physiological solutions.
- Align the uterus so baby can curl and enter the pelvis as a small, compact – and more active participant.
- Release tight ligaments or muscles which may pull or twist may relieve pelvic pain now or discomfort during birth.
- Support what’s loose in womb or pelvis with a pregnancy belt.
- Open the pelvis to let baby move down during the birth process.
We begin with activities to support the range of motion and alignment, to reach a healthy mix of mobility and stability for the pelvis. Comfort and function return to the body.
During labor the baby needs to pass through the three levels of the pelvis. We'll go over techniques to help your pelvis and it’s muscles that support or restrict your pelvic levels. Together, you and your birth partner can use these techniques during pregnancy in an effort to be more comfortable as well as during labor to help “make room for baby!” Spinning Babies reveals how the baby can find optimal positions for labor, and make birth less painful, and even pleasurable!
Every day Gail Tully, midwife and Spinning Babies® Creator, hears happy results:
- Back labor eased
- Breech babies that flip head down
- Transverse (sideways) babies suddenly turn head down – cesarean canceled!
- Posterior babies (sunny-side-up) rotate and/or descend
- First labors occurring regularly in 8 hours or less
- Cesareans canceled outside the OR; baby already born!
- More natural births and VBACs around the world!
Together we notice that when women restore the balance in their muscles and alignment in the pelvis, birth goes better.
Included in this class:
- First, you'll receive a code via email to watch the Spinning Babies® Parent Class video (fee for video download included in the class price).
- Second, you'll schedule a your meeting with your instructor to go over the Three Sisters of Balance and other techniques you want to practice.
- you can schedule this is a private session or a group session
- If we are having this private session via Zoom, you'll do the techniques on your couch and/or bed and your instructor will tweak your techniques as she watches and gives you feedback).
- Third, you'll receive resources after class from Spinning Babies HQ to help you as you continue practicing the techniques each day/week throughout the rest of your pregnancy!
- You'll also receive a discount code to purchase other Spinning Babies books and videos that you'll find helpful!
- Class fee: $135 per couple for a group online class or $175 for a private class. What is a "couple"? Typically, it's two people (one pregnant, one support person). A support person is partner, relative or friend who will be with you during your labor and birth. You MUST have someone with you during class to do this class. It's not possible to do the techniques without a second person.
This class is best taken mid-pregnancy but anytime later is still important, especially if you're just finding out about it now--besides helping make labor easier, a goal of these techniques is prevention of Cesarean (no guarantees, but these techniques are based on a new paradigm of birth (see above). This class is best paired with the Move & Get Comfy for Labor class offered at Babies in Common.
This class is NOT a full childbirth preparation class nor was it intended to be such. Ideally, you'll take this class AND all the other prenatal classes that Babies in Common offers, so your prenatal education is well-rounded. If you take all the classes, that's many hours of prenatal education--if that sounds like a lot, think of it this way: it's not even a week of time (and my classes used to be 24 hours total). This is a BIG event in your life. You will be raising a human, so of course you can spare a few days of learning so that you have the best birth possible and know a LOT about taking care of your baby before and after he or she arrives, right?! Just remember, that if we could, we'd make the classes a LOT longer...and that by the time it's over, you'll be wishing it was longer because it's fun and interesting. Yes, really. At least that's what people tell us. Yes, even the guys. PLEASE consider registering for the Move & Get Comfy for Labor class and other classes we offer.
For a private session, sign up here
with either Jeanette Mesite Frem or Bec Conant
For a group session, sign up here
the next one is Sunday, March 7, 3:00 - 5:00 pm with Bec Conant
Want something special to to share with your partner? Share THIS PAGE with them. Have them check out the Being Dad video trailer. If you end up streaming the Being Dad movie, watch it with them! (Hey, yeah, you'll see me in the movie, but I'd love it even if I wasn't in it!). Note: while the movie is called Being Dad, I have had feedback from two-mom couples that it's still a good movie and makes them think!
Your Childbirth Educators and Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educators
Jeanette Mesite Frem, a long-time childbirth educator and owner of Babies in Common, is also one of the few Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educators in Massachusetts. You can read more about her here.
Bec Conant is a long-time yoga teacher (including prenatal and partner yoga), HypnoBirthing instructor, experienced birth doula and childbirth educator. She is also one of the few Spinning Babies® Certified Parent Educators
in Massachusetts and owner of OmBirths
. Through her more than 20 years of teaching and attending birthing women, Bec has seen a deep connection between the body, the mind and the heart; a connection she hopes to share with her students and birthing families.
Don't miss any updates or news from Babies in Common,
opt-in to the Babies in Common mailing list
Don't worry, we don't send too many emails, we promise.
And we'll never share your email with anyone!