Move & Get Comfy for Labor
Prenatal classes will be held at 6 Maple Street, Northborough, MA. Click here for details.
Why Take This Class?
Move & Get Comfy for Labor* was designed to keep you moving, make you think, make you laugh and help you feel ready for the big day!
If you are about to have your first baby and took a class elsewhere and aren't feeling quite ready, this class is for you!
If you didn't take a class but now realize you should and only have time for one at this point, this class is for you!
If you are hoping for an unmedicated birth or want to delay getting an epidural until later in your labor, this class if for you!
If this is your second or third baby and you just want a review OR you want to know more than you did last time OR you are hoping for a VBAC, this class is for you!
Or maybe you're looking for an opportunity for a fun pre-baby date with your partner? Then this class is for you!
What is Included in Class?
Dress comfortably (if you are pregnant, please wear yoga pants or tights) and be ready to learn and practice. The following are included in class:
- 25+ positions and moves for labor and birth
- a Move & Get Comfy for Labor Guide© you can print at home, along with lots of other great articles and resources online just for class participants.
- the knowledge of optimal fetal positioning and how you can help your cervix and pelvis open for your baby's birth
- partners will learn how to best help mom (i.e. what to do with their hands and what to say/not to say) while she's in labor so they can feel like they are active participants in the process
- info on how touch and the labor and birth environment really make a difference
- how to use warmth, cold, scents, taste, lighting, music, counter-pressure & acupressure, massage and water therapy to help with labor
- how different ways of breathing and vocalizing can help at different times in labor, the kinds of affirmations and mantras that can work well, and you'll practice visualization and relations
- how various tools can be used to help with labor
- how you can advocate for yourself with your birth team to ask for what you want
- bonuses just for you!
This class has a minimum of 3 couples to run the class and a max of 6 couples. "Couple" means one pregnant person and her partner, friend or relative (whoever will be with her during labor)
Who & How Much?
This is a one-time class, 4 hours (except where noted).
About the Teacher
This class is taught by Jeanette Mesite Frem, mother of two, International Board Certified Lactation Consultant/Registered Lactation Consultant, experienced birth doula, certified childbirth educator, childbirth educator trainer, public health specialist, certified nursing bra fitter, moms group leader and former owner of a local maternity and parenting center.
If you are interested in this class and have questions, please contact email@example.com
Saturday, May 13, 1:00 - 5:00pm
Saturday, July 15, 1:00 - 5:00pm
Saturday, August 26, 1:00 - 5:00pm
Saturday, September 30, 1:00 - 5:00pm
Saturday, November 18, 1:00 - 5:00 pm
Saturday, December 16, 1:00 - 5:00pm
*This class is the first and original Movement and Comfort for Labor class in Central MA...created by childbirth educators Jeanette Mesite Frem, Chere Jalali and Joyce Kimball.
"I also wanted to write a little comment about the "Move & Get Comfy for Labor" class that Dallas and I took with you before Harper was born last year. After having 2 previous births both which I planned to do natural, I was missing the confidence and empowerment for each, caving for the epidural at 8+ cm. After meeting with Jeanette, leaning how to trust my body and find positions to really allow me to push through that "hump" I previously struggled to go over I was emotionally ready for my third labor. After this class, I was able to with really enjoy labor with my new found confidence, knowledge and awareness. I was armed with the tools my partner and I both needed and we had the natural birth I was hoping for :). Thank you, Jeanette!"
-Angela Mall, Holden, MA