Baby Massage with Sheryl
Infant massage is a form of loving communication that fosters bonding and trust between parent and child. The strokes are a combination of Swedish and Indian Style massage as well as Reflexology. In our culture, the concept of infant massage may be relatively new but it has been very popular for centuries in other parts of the world.
Why massage your baby?
- Body Awareness
- Helps to relieve the discomfort associated with gas and colic
- Promotes the strengthening of the digestive, respiratory and circulatory systems
- Helps to establish that special bond between parent and baby by focusing on important elements such as eye to eye and skin to skin contact
- Helps baby to have a more restful sleep
- Increases parents confidence and sensitivity to baby's cues
- Relaxes and releases tension
In a relaxing group setting Sheryl will show you how to massage, relax, and soothe your newborn to pre-crawling baby. All of the techniques will be demonstrated on a doll and you will practice the strokes on your own baby during the class. In addition to learning how to massage your baby we may have group discussions about topics that relate to situations that we face every day as parents. The class also includes relaxation techniques, inspirational readings and mindful music.
About The Instructor
Sheryl White is a certified Infant Massage Instructor, Baby Signer, Reiki Master and mother of three. Her background includes a B.A. in Psychology and Corporate Classroom Trainer. She has received specialized training in the field of Infant Massage conducted by The International Association of Infant Massage. She is a member of the IAIM association founded by Vimala Schneider McClure. She is a certified instructor of Joseph Garcia’s International Sign 2 Me Presenters Network, a babies and toddlers signing program. She became interested in this work after enjoying her own experience using the art of nurturing touch and sign language with her own baby. She has been teaching classes to parents, teachers, professionals and caregivers since 1999. Her role in the classes is to facilitate and help strengthen the relationship between an infant and their caregiver. Nurturing touch is the perfect way to enhance the bonding process.
About the Instructor
- "Sheryl communicates very well and is articulate and knowledgeable."
- "She was organized and had a clear presentation."
- "She had a calm demeanor, paid attention to our techniques and was interested in our input."
- "She stimulated discussion and involvement within the group."
About the Impact On Baby
- "Infant massage relaxed my baby and helped with her constipation."
- "This provided us with a nice interactive activity."
- "He loves it and I do too."
- "It was a nice time for us and is a nice routine for home."